Mindful Kids Workshop
Activities for Kindness, Focus, and Calm
Join Kathy Marvel, local mindfulness coach/teacher, for an engaging children’s workshop incorporating the breathing techniques from her latest children’s book, And She Said Breathe.
What to Expect:
- Children will learn valuable breathing techniques for combating daily stressors
- Children will work to increase focus through the use of yoga poses
- Children will work to increase awareness through a short meditation
- Children will focus on gratitude as a way to find the good
- Children will focus on spreading kindness
- Make and Take: “Gratitude Journal” and “Sparkle Jar”
Date: May 14th
Time: 10am – 12 pm
Workshop – 2 hours Cost: $25
Includes: workshop, gratitude journal, and make and take Sparkle Jar
Each child brings: snack, water bottle, and 16 oz clear plastic bottle/lid
Parents: You may stay or drop off depending on parent/child comfort level.
Copies of And She Said Breathe will be available for purchase after the workshop using cash, Venmo, or credit card.
Instructor: Kathy Marvel
Kathy Marvel is an author, international mindfulness speaker/coach, and 1st grade teacher. She has five years of experience teaching mindfulness to both children and adults. Her workshops emphasize strategies for combating stress, finding focus, and mindful living.